Thursday, October 13, 2016

God helped me get 15!

So yesterday and today I hit the 5 minute mark on jogging. For someone who ran the 400 in high school and used to be 'fit' but has spent her 30s and so far into her 40s battling the demon of inactivity...this is huge.

And let me be clear.  I know I am 'active' from the sense that raising a gaggle of kids, caring for others, working full time has all keep me busy...but making exercise a vital part of my day to day has ebbed and flowed.  More ebbed than flowed.

So I posted this 5 minute information to Facebook.  Somewhat for accountability, somewhat because I wanted to share my accomplishment.  And my sister, who is one of my biggest encouragers with fitness, suggested that my next goal would be to run 5, have a time of rest, then go for the 10.  I walked a couple of more minutes...trying to decide if I'd try that now or tomorrow or just keep at 5 for a bit to get faster, stronger.

Then one of my old favorites, Mary Mary's, 'It's the God in Me' came on. So I bumped up the speed because I knew I could handle running through that song.  The lyrics alone give me strength.

'But what they don't know is when you get home
And get behind closed doors man you hit the floor
And what they can't see is you on your knees
So the next time you get a chance tell 'em
It's the God in me'

And I just cried.  And ran. And sang. And cried. And ran. And sang.


I have been feeling very hopeless about a few situations in my life right now.  It has taken me away from even trusting God to be God and work it out.  I still am not sure where the road is leading in some areas...but I must trust Him.  And remember that He is always with me.  Always there.  He will battle on my behalf. He will protect on my behalf. He goes before me and clears the path for me.  And I have to share with others that it's happening. It is my testimony.

So the song is ending and I'm getting ready to slow my pace....then another fav, Kirk Franklin's 'Look at Me Now' came on.  Hmmmm. Maybe I could run and sing through some of this too.

'Persecuted, criticized, been denied and abandoned
Pushed away, given away, some days I couldn't imagine
Getting harder, getting colder, was hard for me to see
Tired of runnin, tired of hurtin, even got tired of me
Tired of cryin, tired of tryin to forget my mistakes
Tired of bein in this storm, how much more can I take
Many nights in my life, tell me why
I shed more tears, my eyes would allow
And after all that,  'Look at me now!!!'

And I cried some more. And ran some more. And SANG (sorry neighbors). And cried some more. And ran some more. And SANG!!

Because I know the truth.  All of this is true. I've been praying for my husband, my kids, husband's new ministry, our marriage, Bloom, my parents, my sister, my niece, all the ladies that I love so much...and I've forgotten to pray for me.  This used to be my WARRIOR song!!  I'm better now, I'm closer now, I'm thankful now, I'm happy now....I'm stronger now, I'm patient now, I'm grateful now, I'll praise you now!!  Yes. Yes. and Yes.  I am so so weak right now.  But in Him, I am made strong.

So then the song is ending and I'm getting ready to slow my pace...I mean good Lord, I'm all cried out and sweating like you can't imagine....then another fav comes on. And this. This just for pure enjoyment.  The Jackson's 'Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)'  No significant relevance to any thing happening...but man I love that song.

So I danced.  And ran. And sang. And danced. And ran. And sang.  And as an aside....you can jog and dance. If you were wondering.

And before I knew it.



God helped me get 15 minutes.

And He'll be there to help me get 15 more. And 15 more.

I still don't know the outcome to some of my stressful situations. I still am afraid, if I am honest.

But He is there.

And He is mighty.

And even if nobody else around me wants to see Him, feel Him, honor Him, allow Him in....none of that matters.  If God is for me, who can be against me?


That's what I got today.

No comments:

Post a Comment