Saturday, April 22, 2017

Hang On

When have you had your back against the wall?

And how did you get through that?

Because if you are reading this...then you got through it. And if you are like me...sometimes things are so dark and bleak that getting through didn't seem possible.

But you held on.

You might ask--how?

Sharing our stories of how is important because we all have held on differently. And we need to know that there is no cookie cutter way to get through.

Are you gripping and steadfast? Praying and maintaining hope that you were going to make it through.

Are you grabbing with all of your might? Kicking and screaming--fighting all the odds to get through.

Are you grasping and tired? Weak and wounded maybe not even believing that you can hang on to get through.

Maybe at some point all three?

But you made it.

And it is so good and important to community that we share that part of our story.

But once we've made it.

Maybe just as important is the part of story for us to share is the part of our story that came next..

We made it through--great--but why?
What did we do with our time once we made it through?

I want to know what those days are like for you...
Because I know what they've been like for me.

Sometimes. Sometimes they've been lost days.
I've been so tired that I might have well still been holding on because I was so worn.
I've been so frustrated that I might have well still been holding on because I was so angry.
I've been so afraid that I might have well still been holding on because I was so weak.

But.

Sometimes.

I've been so filled with hope that I am able to accomplish much.
I've been so filled with peace that I am able to understand others.
I've been so filled with love that I am able to change lives, including my own.

I don't know how to explain it and I don't have any special recipe of list to follow to make sure we  move forward after we've been hanging on. I don't think anyone does.  I don't believe that God plays favorites and decides 'worthy, not worthy...good cause, meh not so good.' 

But I do believe that in relationship...learning from each other, encouraging each other and entering into someone's journey....we have the opportunity to witness great triumph and trial.

And maybe that's why we hold on.

That's what I got today.

No comments:

Post a Comment