Tuesday, May 1, 2012

More than a J.O.B.

I love my job so much.  Sometimes I am still floored at how God orchestrated the last year of my life.  It was just about a year ago that I agreed to stay in my position at Elmbrook with some minor changes.  I let them know at that time that I had to be totally honest and I couldn't commit to more than a year, maybe even only 6 months because I felt like God was calling me to use my gifts in a different way and I wasn't sure what that meant.  Who could've known other than Him what the year was going to hold for me?

Today was one of those days at work that I just can't stop praising Him for His provision, His faithfulness, His love.  I was brought to tears more than once today for different reasons...from laughter, from pain, from joy, from heartache.

Today I had the privilege of praying over one of our ladies and her children with my co-workers when she received hard news.

Today I had the privilege of teaching a resume writing class which really somehow became a movtivational class encouraging ladies to never give up, to never give in and to never settle.

Today I had the privilege of working on budgeting with a mom who is getting back on her feet.

Today I had the privilege of worshipping at the top of my lungs in my office with the windows and door open to bless the area where I work and the ladies that live there.

Today I had the privilege to hug someone who needed it.

Today I got to pray over the phone with one of my clients who was having a hard day.

I get tired.  There are days I am not sure that I am equipped with the patience and devotion, strength and knowledge, love and mercy needed for the day.

But I don't need to worry.  Because He is all of those things and with Holy Spirit power I can tackle my day.  And when I am weary...my ladies and my coworkers remind me of who is in charge and I am covered with a peace that transcends all understanding.

Several years ago at a Kids Kamp, this was the key verse

Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives strength to the weary 
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall; 
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

It was so impactful to me that week.  I love how the Word is alive and so it is new to us and applies in differernt ways at different times.  Because those same words have been so sustaining to me.

Life is so much more than we could ever think it is.
And yet it is so amazingly simple.

Love.
Love Him.
Love others.

I can't remember a time when I've been more aware of those two things and my intense deep need to be obedient to them.  Man, He does good stuff.

That's what I got today.



No comments:

Post a Comment