Sunday, May 20, 2012

Isaiah the birthday boy...

The Story of Isaiah


So once upon a time God gave us a sweet lil boy who was the apple of our eyes.  He slept through the night from the day he came home from the hospital.  He loved to snuggle and he almost never cried.  He was the kind of baby that had a smile for everyone and learned quickly.  He was very aware of his surroundings.


From a young age he was a protector and friend.  His family...his friends...as far back as kindergarten  I can remember him stepping up to the plate if others were being picked on or mistreated.  He has high expectations for those he loves.  This is both blessing and curse.  Isaiah is loyal and loves his family and friends deeply.


Isaiah has always enjoyed the time he gets to spend with his dad. (his grandfathers as well)  I see so much of Marlon in Isaiah.  He watches him, he strives to be like him, he is eager to make him proud.  I love watching them together and watching Marlon teach him to be a man.


This young man is and always has been a hard worker and disciplined.  Even at age 10, when a coach told him that the team should be runnng 2 miles a day for soccer...he ran 2 miles a day.  Schoolwork, diet, sports...he sets goals and when he achieves them he sets new ones.  It is so inspiring to watch him.


He has always loved his momma.  Whether it's sticking up for me...doing something for me...giving me a compliment....helping to calm me down when I'm getting frazzled.  So so blessed.  I know I am lucky to have a kid like this.  I pray that we continue to have such a close relationship.


Eventually he became old enough to have a girlfriend! :O   This was shocking to me...lol.  As a mom, I see him being a pretty good boyfriend and he chose a very sweet, fun and nice girl.  I enjoy seeing him learn and understand girls better, relationships better, emotions better.  Plus her parents like him...so that is telling.  I have always been in prayer over my kid's relationships and I continue to do so.  As they continue through high school it's fun to watch them grow.

Isaiah is a leader.  From his 6th grade teacher who told us, "I could really see this kid being president someday", to coaches who tell us what a role model he is, to his own brothers who look up to him.  He is just now coming into realization that he has influence.  This is powerful stuff and also a little scary.  He can carry burdens that aren't his to carry sometimes.  But he also weighs his actions carefully and tries to make wise decisions.  His conscientious nature is what patterns his intregrity.


I am so proud of this kid!  Determination.  And I'm excited to see what God has in store for him.  My prayer continues to be that he stays close to God and remembers that without Him; he can do nothing.

His story continues to be written and I'm so thankful to be a part of it.

To God be the glory.

That's what I got today.

No comments:

Post a Comment