Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hoping for Just a Lil Hope Like That...

Today I helped a mom fill her car full of stuff and her kids as she headed out to a new apartment; so excited to be in her own place again.  Such a blessing that there are such nice donations of bedding and other housewares, games and toys so that she might have a decent start.

But it's the other stuff her car was full of that made the deeper impact on me.

Excitement.
Promise.

Hope.

Where would she be without hope.  Where would ANY of us be without hope.

 As we hugged and I teared up (which never fails, I always do, no matter what the circumstances of a family leaving) I was so touched by her hope.

She knows and loves Jesus.
Her kids attended camp and they love Jesus.

She does not have an easy road ahead of her.  There are many, many strikes against her and society will likely not be kind.  She knows this.  She lives it and it is her reality.  We've talked about how overwhelming it has been.  Immobilizing it has been.

But for hope.

I look around my day to day life...and I see so many situations...in my own life and others...that we get our panties in a bunch about super insignificant things.  Important perhaps at the moment.  But in the scheme of life...nonsensical. 

Or maybe those difficult things, truly difficult, that seem overwhelming at the time..difficult to process...difficult to see our way out of....can consume us and cause us to lose hope.

One could say that my friend today has much to be hopeless about.

Lack of education.
Limited support system.
Limited income.
Lack of employment.

Yet.  A heart full of hope.

Thankful for the daily reminders God gives me to stay focused on Him.  Praying for just a lil hope like this hope.

That's what I got today.









No comments:

Post a Comment