Monday, June 12, 2017

2009 to 2017


 
 
It's amazing to me how alike and how different four people can be coming from the same home.  I can see my husband, myself in them definitely, but I can also see an independent spirit oozing from each of them.
 
When I look at these pictures, I can't help but smile at seeing the physical transformation that occurred between 2009 to 2017!!  Of course some of that would also be explained if you could see in each picture who is on their tippy toes, ha!
 
But I think the greater transformation has been in their character. While remaining true to themselves...they continue to mature into the adults they will be.
 
And I am inspired by them.
 
Jordyn is full of fire and love. She is finding her voice and learning how to face conflict and her fears. She is an ambassador for her beliefs and always roots for the underdog. She isn't sure  how what to make of all of the testosterone in the air when all of her brothers are together.
Isaiah is so compassionate and driven. He has always set goals with every intention of achieving them and puts others before himself. He is serious and intelligent and has high standards for himself. He expects greatness.
Elijah gives unconditional love like nobody else I know. He is quick to forgive and never takes life too seriously. He loves to make people laugh and is laid back. He is the person you want near by when you are having a horrible day.
Israel is a fighter. He will stand down for no one. He stands firm in his convictions and never compromises. He does not care what others think of him. He has learned to know himself well and challenge himself to be more.
 
They are not perfect. I don't want them to be. I want them to rise to the occasion, to dig deep, to roll up their sleeves.  I want them to remember things they've been taught and not to settle.
 
We were kind of strict.
I know at times others many thought too strict.
We didn't care.
 
The discipline they were taught.....they need as adults.
They will not always make decisions I agree with.
I don't want them to. (seriously, I know everyone thinks I'm joking but I don't.)
 
 
I want them to live honestly. Hiddenness leads to a darkness I don't want them to toy with.
I want them to live bodly. I don't want them to be afraid of showing the world who they are.
I want them to forgive. There is nothing but stress that comes from holding onto wounds.
I want them to love humanity. To see others with value. To cherish differences. To have compassion and connection with others.
 
I want them to continue to grow and discover and embrace. 
I want them to continue to live and learn and love.
I want them to remember they have a firm foundation.
I want them to remember not to give in or give up too easily.
 
My heart and head have been all a muck this past week or so.
 
But this is what I got today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment