Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I'm with her.

I'm with her. 

I've had so many ask/inbox how I can love Jesus and vote for Hilary. Actually over the years there's been many who have questioned how I can love Jesus and vote democratic.  This is normally broken down to really asking how do I vote for candidates that are pro choice.  I can understand this question I guess....but it's no more valid than asking someone who votes republican and loves Jesus how they can vote for candidates that are pro death penalty.  There is never a single issue campaign.  I could never single issue vote.

But this election, I really don't feel like I'm choosing the lesser of two evils. And while maybe I might have liked Bernie better....I really am with her. 

I'm with her because I am pro choice. I know this is hard for many evangelicals to understand and somehow I often get lumped into some horrific group of people who are considered baby killers.  But I'm pro choice because I don't believe that the government should tell me what I can and can't do with my body.  My heart would be that any baby conceived could find love and support and care in this world.  I fully believe that Roe vs. Wade being overturned does not make us 'great again'. I fully believe that Roe vs. Wade being overturned does not make us 'holy'.

I'm with her because I believe that immigrants are welcome.  I do not believe that a wall or immigration laws built out of fear are the answer.  I believe review and enforcement of current laws need to happen before we jump to extremes of who we are going to 'keep out'.  

I'm with her because police brutality of minorities is real. Over incarceration of minorities is real. Profiling is real. And this is not a time for 'law and order'. This is not a time where we spew 'Blue Lives Matter' whenever Black Lives Matter is spoken in response to another black man or woman dying....and yet we are silent when actual officers are MURDERED by white men...don't Blue Lives Matter then?  I'm with her because the hypocrisy and chosen ignorance of this country about matters of race and race relations must end. And it doesn't end by pretending it isn't real. 

I'm with her because I believe that same sex marriage being legal is constitutional.


I'm not a pussy you can grab because you believe you have the power to do so.
I'm not a sexual joke you can make to elicit laughter from your friends.
I'm not an object of your ogling because you haven't matured enough to know that's disrespectful.
I'm not here for your entertainment.
I'm not weak because I am female.

I am a daughter and a mother and a wife and a professional and lover of people.  I am a woman.

That means I can own property. Bear children. Run a business. Exercise my right to vote.

And now, I could even run for President of the United States.

That's what I got today.


No comments:

Post a Comment