Friday, January 25, 2019

Love is love.

Love is love.
and to be human
is more
than having a penis or vagina.

Why do we care what
someone else has in their jeans
Why would we try to deny
their existence
their humanity

My world began narrow
there were men
and there were women
and once in awhile
you'd whisper about
another human
who just didn't seem 'right'.

As I left that small place
and saw a fuller view
of every kind of human
that God had created
I saw that the whisper
was hatred in disguise
fear and ignorance
veiled as right

We give things a label
because it's just what we do
our need to categorize
created LGBTQ

And I hear ugly around me
Speaking with hate and rage
instead of a desire to learn
there's determination to ruin
how do we deny a human's existence
when they are standing right there?

I see you Aeryn Raven
with all your glorious joy
You slay me dear Kristina
for your honest bravery every day
I love you Benjamin Buttons
and your kind and thoughtful ways
You are valued and loved
worth not determined by what
someone else says
I'm standing here with you
and not going anywhere.

That's what I got today.

No comments:

Post a Comment