Sunday, May 13, 2018

My Momma

I know this day is hard for so many
My own momma included
Because I know she misses her own momma so.

But I wanted to make sure that 
I took some time today
to let her know
What she means to me
Why we all love her so

She was always there
When we needed her
I can't remember a time
That she wasn't.

Even in disappointment
In frustration
She stood by and loved
She showed up and stayed. 

From her I learned how to 
Be prepared and think of the details
How to make others comfortable
And stick to a plan

How to make your husband's lunch
How to make your children laugh
How to smile when you need to
And remember there's good after bad

I learned to work hard
Not to take things for granted
To appreciate and step up
And not to wait to be asked

To make each day count
To take a deep breath
That sometimes we roll with the punches
And have to learn how to embrace.

As a grandma she's amazing
and hilarious
Man she loves our kids
She reminds me of her mom
Telling stories more than once
Learning all the new lingo
but also teaching us all her own.

Thank you Linda for being a mom
I am blessed to celebrate today
You are special and loved.
One of kind
And I'll always be grateful 
That you are mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment