Thursday, May 31, 2018

Love love.

What if we only loved?
What if we stepped up and
stood for the love that we
love to receive?
But often choose not to give?
And how do i love
those that don't love me?
That dismiss and seek
to destroy
me, my lot, my people?
Can I love
Love

without pretending
without malice
without descending
into a place
where
love is really
just hate dressed up
to look good
and sound nice

If we only loved
we might need to
set aside
the people and places
that
we can't waste energy on
for everyone and everything
is not mine
is not for
me, my lot, my people.
Can i love
Love

without deceiving
without contempt
without believing
it doesn't matter that
love is really
fake and forced
because we think we must
"be good"

I can love
what and who is in front
of me
and stand in the gap
when they don't have
their voice or
a place
to belong
when they don't know
their way or
a journey
to be on

I must love
so i don't
fall prey
to hate and bitterness
to the ugly
that exists all around
and seeps into
my heart and my mind
when i take my eyes
off of Love.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment