Monday, February 19, 2018

today

My heart is a big ol jumbled mess today
full of anger and pain
yet hope and joy...

because the world got a little
bit crazier today
without delay and

one bit of news sends my mind spinning
spinning
spinning

and  starts my heart breaking

and my soul just might stop

breathing.

Death and hate
and fear monopolize
people's energy

where is humanity

as our children lie in the streets
and more black men die
as guns are untouchable
and he continues to lie

each lie
defies
reason
it's so hard
believing

that some people still believe their right to having a gun
is more important
than the blood laying there

i can't be curious because
i have nothing to be curious of.
if the truth of my humanity...of my family has to be explained to you
in a way to convince of our worth
i'm not wondering
how you got that way

each tear
brings broken
dreams of
moving forward
we're going
nowhere


and one bit of news sends my mind spinning
and starts my heart breaking

but i must not let my soul stop

breathing.


That's what I  got today.

No comments:

Post a Comment