Wednesday, February 7, 2018

It's been a day....

Today is one of those days where I was paralyzed by feeling overwhelmed at all that needs to be done. Not personally---although that definitely weighs on me from time to time---but around me, all around me.

I know so many say start right here. Just start with the person in front of you.

But when you live and work such that there are many in front of you...then that isn't such an easy statement.

At my job I have 13 families that I have been entrusted with....and what I need everyone to understand is that they are any family.  Me, you, us. There is no them.

Through BLOOM I seek to offer gatherings, afternoons, moments of reprieve for women from all walks of life to learn together to 'bring life out of mess'. We all have mess of some kind.

My kids and their ability to love others have led me to have many extra kids and I take that seriously...being available to them.

So many. So much.

Sometimes I want to look around and say....what are you doing?  where are you?  how are you stepping up? And I know that's not fair. Because, like me, others get tired. Or they might be in their wilderness season or their resting season. Also, because I know that on any given day...there are many who step up and say, let me know how to help--how to step in.  And I am so grateful for the generosity of others. For the willingness to give of their time and their resources.

But yet, I still feel this need to challenge.
Challenge those with the thinking of self preservation and accomplishment.
Challenge those who are adamant on focusing inward...on their own achievements. 
Challenge myself.

Never think there isn't a place to get started. Never think there isn't a place that you can be involved.

There is. And the world around you....it needs you to open your eyes and more importantly, your heart....and go.

That's what I got today.


No comments:

Post a Comment