Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Attaboy...

Walking into work today, this is what I was greeted with... 

'Hi Miss Mindy, remember when you would see me in the office at camp? When I would get in trouble?  I miss camp. I love camp.  Hi Miss Mindy. I love you.  See you later. Okay?  See you later!'

An onslaught of hugs around my knees from a family of 5 siblings, a set of triplets and a set of twins.

And a lil chunk of boy who can barely talk but blows me kisses whenever he sees me.

Love.

I am so grateful for this love.  And it is a daily reminder to get out of myself selfish woes and to focus my eyes on Him.

I am not sure what and how I get things right enough and often enough that these little ones love me.  It can only be explained as truly God moving in me.  

Because I am far too often short.  I am far too often judgmental.  I am far too often bossy. I am far too often disappointed in others.  And in myself.

But man I love Jesus.  And man I know that without Him my warts are big and ugly and consuming.  But with Him?  With Him...and focus where focus needs to be, me under His authority and submitting my will to His...with Him a gaggle of love comes my way.

Being the recipient of that love is my reminder and challenge (and quite honestly somewhat self-serving reward)...to shower love on others.  

If we all shared a kind word.  A smile. A hug. An encouraging attaboy.  What in the world would the world be like?

That's what I got today.







No comments:

Post a Comment